Sunday, March 2, 2014

WPlus9 Birthday Celebration Week 4!!

Pin It


                  &
WPlus9 Birthday Celebration Week 4: Stretch It Challenge

Today I wanted to share a card I made for the Case Study #180 Challenge and the WPlus9 Birthday Celebration Week #4: Stretch It!!

Whole Lotta' Happy  Whole Lotta' Happy Die  Borders & Backgrounds 3
I wanted to try the Layered Die Cutting Technique that Dawn shared and I have been wanting to try it for awhile!! I just haven't done it, so these challenges gave me the PERFECT excuse!! I used the Balloon Dies and Coordinating Stamps from the Whole Lotta Happy Stamp Set!! I used Vellum too just to mix things up alittle bit!! I wanted to add some detail to the Balloons so I stamped them with the Hearts from the Borders & Backgrounds 3 Stamp Set and embossed them using Ranger Ultra Fine Silver Embossing Powder!! I took my Distress Ink and colored the Vellum using my finger tip to rub it in and then let it dry!! I really like the transparent look!! I decided to add a Spray Misted Chevron Design in the Back Ground!! I used a PTI Die and some Pewter Perfect Pearls Mist!! In real life this is so Pretty with the little hint of shimmer!!
I stamped the Balloon strings and the sentiment and cut it into a Banner then added some Foam tape for some dimension!! I LOVE the way it came together!!


THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

7 comments:

Shona said...

Larissa, this is FABULOUS!! So clever to use vellum, and your b'ground is amazing! LOVE this !!

Charlene said...

What a pretty happy card!!

Lisa said...

I love all of the layered balloons Larissa! The colors are soft sweet and those little hearts you added are perfect!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is soooo pretty! I love the soft colors and those tiny gold hearts are perfection! Your blog is amazing - I've enjoyed surfing around. Thank you for all the nice comments you left on my blog - you made me smile. Have a wonderful day! XO

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a FABULOUS take Larissa! Love the die-cut balloons!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love the way this came together, too! A beautiful textural card, Larissa! I just want to reach through my monitor and run my finger along all the scrummy details!! Hugs, Darnell

Melody said...

Great card! I just love that background!

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)